Re: Discontinuous shear wall load path

" floor diaphragm (magnify shear load to check strength level of
diaphragm?),

Paul,

Although I usually treat any discontinuity in wood as I would another material utilizing omega loads

Doesn't the exception in 1633.2.6.  which specifically excludes strength analysis for shear wall systems (ie posts/walls & holdowns), collectors elements, splices and connections.  I don't think this is a wise provisions, but i assume it was put in for a reason. (probably political)

and if not what would you use as the "strength" design value of a wood diaphragm.

Bill Lynch