> -----Original Message-----
> From: Zatloukal, Brian J. [mailto:ZatloukalBJ(--nospam--at)bv.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 2:52 PM
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
> Subject: RE: Vacation - Company Policy
> I turn your attention to Europe, the standard
> is about 6 weeks,...
Of course, the standard for Europe is also socialism. The standard for
Europe is extreme inflation in comparison with the U.S., and a great gap
between "haves" and "have-nots". The standard for Europe is relatively high
unemployment, with lots of folks on the dole.
In short, the standard for Europe is a failure, which is why despite so much
enthusiasm on the part of so many politicians in this country, we still
haven't managed to make the leap into the "European standard."
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for your attempts to negotiate more time off if
that's what you want. I just think holding up the "standard of Europe" is a
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org