From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 3:47 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: MORE ABOUT TRUSSES...

Hi everyone,
Recently I posted a question on roof trusses. Many people responded me with
very good advise but I have some new doubts and would like to know your
opinion.

Mark advised me to include 5 extra kips at the worst joints or nodes due to
lifting. Did I understand right?  How would you pick the "worst ponits"?  Do

you do it only in the lower chord nodes?

Then John advised me to add 10 psf for ceilling weight. And Greg told me to
add from 3 to 10 psf for collateral loads.

Do I add this loads to the Dead Load condition, to the Live Load condition
or as a new Collateral load condition?

For the initial truss depth, Greg adviced me to do a quick moment/depth calc

and check against ASD tension check. Coul you be a little bit more explicit?

Thank you all for your kind and valuable help.

Regards,

Juan José