From: Walter Sheen [mailto:wsp(--nospam--at)terra.com.pe]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 3:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Lima, Peru Design Info

Dear Richard:

Lima is not a high speed wind zone, so you have to use the code minimum wind
speed which is 75 Km/h (46.6 mph) Pressure has to be calculated using:
Ph=0.005 C V^2, where Ph is pressure in Kg/m2, C is a shape factor and V is
wind speed in Km/h. Shape factor is determined from an inside wind load and
an exterior wind load. This shape factor usually is around 1.3.

There's no special roof loading condition, the minimums are as follow:

- For roofs with an inclination smaller than 3 degrees related to the
horizontal, 100 Kg/m2 (20.5 psf)
- For roofs with an inclination greater than 3 degrees reduce 5 (1 psf)
Kg/m2 for each aditional degree, with a minimum of 50 Kg/m2 (10.25 psf)
- For curved roofs, 50 Kg/m2 (10.25 psf)
- Por roofs with light roofing, 30 Kg/m2 ( 6.15 psf)

Extracted from E.020 Minimum Loads Code.

Hope this helps,

Walter Sheen