From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 01 09:35:24 -0500
>but it still makes me wonder
>why so A&E and other educational channels praise the healthcare system in
>Europe over our system here.
They probably don't realize the vital role our health care system plays
in keeping insurance companies profitable.
>Certainly, the House of Commons is much more interesting to watch
> than our own C-Span.
Question time is the best. We should have something like it to see how
well a president thinks on his feet. Harry Truman (maybe JFK) was our
last president with the moxie to handle an off-the-cuff duel. It isn't
pretty, but neither is any other hard work-out.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org