Re: RAM Advanse

RAM Advanse is a general-purpose frame solver in the same general category with SAP.  As I understand it, it is based on the Avansse product written by a South American engineering professor.  It has a new front end for MS Windows.  We have a copy.  We use it chiefly for non-building structures.  Input is very convenient, so constructing irregularly-shaped models is quite easy.  Output is a bit less convenient, but, knowing RAM International, will doubtless be improved under their handling.  The program has intriguing post-processing capabilities for reinforced concrete.  We have used only the concrete column module, which yielded credible, but somewhat inscrutable results.  basically a go, no-go report.  It's a decent program at a good price, competitive with RISA-3D.  I understand RAM International had plans to fold some of Advanse's capabilities into their other products.  By the way, RAM International is a great company with a wonderful line of structural design software.

Thomas B. Higgins, P.E., S.E.
Structural Engineer

Group Mackenzie
0690 SW Bancroft Street/PO Box 69039
Portland, Oregon  97201-0039
Tel:  503-224-9560
Fax:  503-228-1285
web site:  http://www.groupmackenzie.com/
Internet e-mail disclaimer:

The information in this Internet e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely
 for the addressee.  Access to this Internet email by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
 recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
 is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.

>>> YI <YI(--nospam--at)summit-sr.com> 05/30 8:59 AM >>>
Can I get some unbiased opinion about RAM Advanse by RAM International?