Re: Jungle Resort

----- Original Message -----
From: Neil Moore
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: Jungle Resort

jacques:

There are some British publications that provide back country type suspension bridge design and construction.  Unfortunately their web page address is on the computer at my other office.  I'll be back there this week end and will send it to you.

Thank you Neil for this advise. I looked into several sites , but never encountered really good detailed

situations. The point is that we are quite isolated here, in Manaus the capital of this state, there is nothing which can me help out.

I know how to rig up such a bridge ( I am a mech. eng. and used to construct and commission oil rigs ) . Therefore I like to use present proven expierence rather than re-inventing the wheel again!

The Inca´s unfortunately never wrote down their grass woven bridge spec´s!

What many people do not realize is that ( unfortunately ) the jungle is not that organized as it looks like. Trees are falling over ( also the big one´s ) so a lot of attention has to be paid to support the bridge carrying trees.

I am only curious to look at details .

When I can lay my hands on the proper info ,I will keep you informed about my adventures!

Grrreeeeetings from the Amazon

jacques

I would be interested in what your final design might be as I have a possible similar suspension bridge design that may be coming up.  I have seen and used native vine type bridges in west Africa.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
shingle springs, california

Amazonat Jungle Resort wrote:

Hello,we are Amazonat Jungle Resort, located in the BrazilianAmazon. ( www.amazonat-resort.com )We are in the process of starting a suspension bridgein the tree canopy system.Is there any technical information out there, who canhelp us out with;cable size/distances,connections to tree'swalking ways, tree platforms,connections,strength calculations,etc.  Thank you,jacques van Egeraat