Consider either of the following.
GTSTRUDL from Georgia Tech
mTAB STRESS (a variation of SAP)
Structural Analysis Inc., Austin, Texas
(sorry, no phone or fax)
I've used the last one quite a bit; but I suspect that the first may be
better for your use.
H. Daryl Richardson
> Nora Miller wrote:
> I just started a new job with a transportation firm where I am
> responsible for starting up a bridge design group. I have five years
> experience in bridge design. At my old company I used STAAD for any
> frame analysis that needed to be done. Now I am trying to decide what
> kind of software to purchase and am overwhelmed by the choices.
> Obviously, I am very comfortable with STAAD, but have heard that
> STAAD.pro has a lot of bugs. I am considering RISA-2D and
> VisualAnalysis (IES). Anybody have any advice for me?
> (I was told this would start a whole STAAD-bashing session that would
> last for days... I apologize if this is a recurring issue -- I've
> just joined the list. I'd appreciate anything you can tell me.)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org