RE: Change in Dimension Lumber Design Values

I'm no expert but I seem to recall this discussion here before. Isn't it
simply a case of better-quality lumber available at that time, because much
of it was "old growth" or whatever?

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas