RE: Residential Fee Range (Was Porch Conc. Cracking)

I might further add, that the engineering market in Houston has always been
'better' for engineers because of the demand. Though we have a lot of
engineers, we HIRE a lot of engineers. The presence of the
oil-and-gas/petrochem/offshore engineering market here helps a lot. So does
the fact that many engineers here are of the higher-priced brands (chem-Es,
etc.)

This has helped us to secure higher fees. Fountain Conner and I compared
this about a year ago, and I think he entertained serious notions of
relocating as a result! :-)

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas