> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rob Polcyn [mailto:rob_polcyn(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 2:13 PM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)
> Battle Cry of Freedom : The Civil War Era
> by James M. McPherson ISBN: 0345359429
Read "Battle Cry of Freedom" AND Shelby Foote, and you'll get pretty much
the gamut of historians' opinions about the causes of the Civil War.
I tend to hold more with McPherson than with Foote--Foote incredibly
dismisses the fact that the root-cause of the Civil War was slavery, and
nothing else--but both give a lot of great facts.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org