From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 2:30 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)

Read "Battle Cry of Freedom" AND Shelby Foote, and you'll get pretty much
the gamut of historians' opinions about the causes of the Civil War.

I tend to hold more with McPherson than with Foote--Foote incredibly
dismisses the fact that the root-cause of the Civil War was slavery, and
nothing else--but both give a lot of great facts.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251