TEXAS STUFF: Recent Legislative Action

For those of you in TX, like Stan, who keep up with this stuff:

I was recently told about some "Senate bill" in the recently completed
legislative session that had something to do with "enacting ASCE 7-98".
However, when I asked the source for clarification, I got no response (this
was via email).

Does anyone else here know what that might have been about?

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251