RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)

The Civil War.... Not much happened here in
Richmond related to that.

I was fortunate enough to take both of James Robertson's
classes while I was a student at Virginia Tech.  The text
he used for that class was about 4 inches thick and in red.
I might still have it.

He is another excellent author and authority on that subject.
VT is the leading research institution for the Civil War.  He
does mostly Biographies.  His Stonewall Jackson bio is supposed
to be the definitive one.  He also wrote a bio on A. P. Hill.

A book that is pertinent to how the Civil War still lives
today is Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horowitz.  I read that
and have seen some of those places and still see many of
those attitudes today.

Other Authors of note and Subject:

Douglas S. Freeman -> Robert E. Lee
Bell Wiley -> The Life of Johnny Reb & The Life of Billy Yank

I would suggest calling Robertson or Foote and asking them.
I know Robertson returns calls, and I have read that Foote does
too.  I think his number is listed in the phone book.