RE: TEXAS STUFF: Recent Legislative Action[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: TEXAS STUFF: Recent Legislative Action
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:40:48 -0500
First go here, for an overview of all current bills that might affect Texas engineers:
Then go here, for an update on the status of any bills that interest you:
You will note that there are active bills in both the House and the Senate to create a Statewide Residential Code. Of course, since my practice avoids residential work like the plague, I have no interest in this. However, some people flock to residential work faster than Jenna Bush can swallow a Jello Shot. For them, this legislation might be crucial!
Gentle Stan in Dallas
From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 3:10 PM
To: Aec-Residential@Polhemus. Cc; SEAINT
Subject: TEXAS STUFF: Recent Legislative Action
For those of you in TX, like Stan, who keep up with this stuff:
I was recently told about some "Senate bill" in the recently completed
legislative session that had something to do with "enacting ASCE 7-98".
However, when I asked the source for clarification, I got no response (this
was via email).
Does anyone else here know what that might have been about?
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
- Prev by Subject: TEXAS STUFF: Recent Legislative Action
- Next by Subject: Texas Windstorm Construction Code/Guide
- Previous by thread: TEXAS STUFF: Recent Legislative Action
- Next by thread: CE news may 2001