Cutoff Wall In Concrete Transition

Fellow Engineers
a week ago i had posted a question on the LIST about the afore mentioned subject, unfortunately i am yet to see any response on the same. Iam posting this question again with a hope some expert will find time to respond appropriately. " iam designing & detailing a buried concrete box channel for storm water drainage. It has a concrete transition both at inlet & outlet. From my experience i know every concrete transition should have a cutoff wall at the end. There is a resistance from some quarter for putting a cutoff wall in the shop drawing. According to them its not necessary. i seek opinion of the experts, on design of hydraulic structures, on this issue. Is cutoff wall necessary or not in a concrete transition for a cross drainage structure?"
Thank you all in advance.
SYED FAIZ AHMAD
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD.