RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)

Title: RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 3:05 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)

Dave:

While in Washington DC last year attending ASCE's OPAL/OCEA Banquet, I picked up a biography of Jefferson in the bowels of his monument.  That led to further study of his life and times, including his "second family", which had recently been proven via DNA.  (Before you flame me, go visit http://www.monticello.org/plantation/hemings_resource.html.)

I don't suppose  the sources who gave you this information have mentioned to you that this whole bogus Sally Hemings thing has since been blown apart, have they?

The fact is, it now appears that any of about twenty-five other male relatives of Tom Jefferson are just as likely to have been the father of Hemings' children. In fact, given the great disparity in age between Jefferson and Hemings--she was only fourteen when Jefferson was 60--there is very little likelihood that he was the culprit.

In fact, it appears the whole thing was a psych operation conducted by friends of one William Jefferson Clinton, to "prove" that "other presidents couldn't keep their pants zipped either," so why were Clinton's sexual peccadilloes a big deal?

A thorough debunking of this whole myth may be found at http://www.insightmag.com/archive/200105215.shtml. Yet another example of why I hold the Left in this nation in the greatest contempt imaginable. These are the people who are trying to destroy, trash or otherwise deconstruct our nation's history, and make it appear that those the likes of Bill Clinton are the "normal" ones.

Sorry, but every time I think "I'm now calming down and reentering Total Tech Mode (R)," someone touches another of my hot buttons.

Deep breathing commencing right now...

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas