RE: let's get creative

Check out the websites for Columbus Indiana. I have not been back there
since the early 70's, but at the time there was a Montessori school designed
by an architect whose last name was Johannsen (sorry about the spelling).
The school was entirely open to allow for students to seek their own level
of knowledge by moving from one class to another.
All of the MEP systems (and structural systems) were exposed and painted in
bright colors. Passages from one portion of the building to another where
made through "tubes" rather than conventional corridors. The lighting was
recessed into the MEP systems to allow the colors to come alive and to
soften the environment for the students (using quartz or similar for the
era, but not as harsh as fluorescent lighting).
The floor as carpeted with a low pile office carpet kept in the gray range
to blend with the concrete that was exposed.
I know that there are a few websites devoted to Columbus Indiana as it is an
architectural landmark with some of the most famous architects, sculptures
and artists of the 1950's and later participating in the design of this
town. I was a student of Architecture at U of I - Chicago Circle at the time
I took the tour (led by the senior citizens of the town). It was a two day
experience I won't forget.

Dennis