Re: let's get creative

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity; good luck with it wherever you are!
 You must have a very enlightened client.

It sounds suspiciously like the description of the engineering building built
at the Univ. of Colorado at Boulder a few years ago, at least as far as
exposed structure as a teaching tool goes.  I don't know about the rest.

I'll take this opportunity to mention a pet peeve of mine.  When I read an
email without a name and/or location I feel like I'm talking into a
bottomless well--with no idea where my words are going and no idea of the
context at the other end of the line.  Sort of like if everyone you talked
with each day had a black hood over their heads--it would detract somewhat
from the communication, to say the least.  Emails are sparse enough
communication as they are, emoticons or not, so every little bit of context
is helpful (at least to me).  Conversely, it seems to me that the easy
anonymity of email tends to reduce the social constraints on communication
(Ms. Manners would call it manners :)  None of this is addressed to Mr.
Hodge, except the location part.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA