To: bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Sean Pedro's Attack
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 00:52:20 EDT
Bill, do you really mean this, or are you using a little literary license?
For instance, are the American laws that require driving on the right side of
the freeway "worthless," even though we know that in their absence some few
would do otherwise? Similarly laws that limit pollution from factories.
Should such laws be eliminated? Some aspects of Libertarianism or Ayn
Rand-ism appeal to me, but I've never understood how this sort of thing would
Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA
In a message dated 5/31/01 11:59:30 AM, bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc writes:
still--for a limited time, at least--understand that government mandates of
ANYTHING are worthless >>
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org