Milestone Appreciation

Just a quick note to thank all of you who have been supporting the
Structuralist.Net by your visits and participation to our web and Discussion
forums. In December I ended the year with less than 500 hits per month on
the site. I didn't consider this bad for a first website attempt that did
not register for advertising on the various search engines.
In January after adding Meta Tags to the site and offering more templates on
the Mathcad and Spreadsheet forums (not to mention the professional papers
posted such as Gary Searer's 'Rho - the Redundancy and Reliability Factor'
helped to boost us over 1000 visitors to the Discussion forum that month.
The growth has been steady and I am pleased to report that as of May 31,
2001 we have topped 2100 Visitors for the month (1700 for the April).
Every effort is being made to keep new information posted on the site and to
a major redesign of the website to make browsing easier is already in the
works. Verizon doubled our minimum storage on the site as part of our basic
business plan and there is now enough storage to build our Reference Cybrary
where we will post Reference Calculations for review and learning. The
purpose of the Cybrary is to help professionals in practice refresh their
skills performing analysis that they are rusty with. The References are also
intended as educational tools to help professionals, apprentices and
students understand the code process and to provide a path or flow chart as
to the development process of each analysis performed as well as a
discussion attached to the analysis to form an educational thread that
discusses or debates interpretation of how the code is to be applied.
So far we have over 50 members subscribed to the Reference Cybrary and about
10 members who will take on the responsibility to establish policies for how
the references will be used. At this time I have decided that the references
will be protected from download and copying to eliminate the possibility of
converting and changing the analysis once it has been error checked and
embellished with comments.

Again, I wish to thank all of you who have been participating as, like the
SEAINT Web and List services, we are developing a new tool that I hope will
augment rather than compete with the needs of professionals who use the
SEAINT tools as an important part of their design and code interpretation
process.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax

discussion forums at"

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Regi
ster

Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire link
beginning at http: and ending with Register. There should be no spaces
between any of the letters or characters.

subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList
subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at:

Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
mailto:structures(--nospam--at)engineer.com
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax