From: Eric Ober [mailto:eric(--nospam--at)cagley.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 5:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: New OSHA rules for steel erection

As far as I know, the new OSHA rules for steel erection haven't been
made into law yet.  I've gotten a question from the fabricator on one of
my projects who is asking if the new rules need to be adhered to.  The
contract was awarded before the rules were released to the public. shop
drawings are in production, but no physical construction has taken
place.  If these rules are made into law tomorrow, does a project like
the one I'm describing fall under the new law?  Thanks in advance.

Eric Ober
Cagley & Associates
Rockville, MD