RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)

Title: RE: History Buffs (Waayyy off topic)

Bill:

You need to spend more time reading American history, and less time attacking those who you disagree with.  Thomas Jefferson was certainly a great American and led a truly amazing life.  Nevertheless, his sexual conduct was atrocious by modern standards (but not by colonial standards).  Many men of means in those days routinely had sex with their slaves, and Jefferson was among them.  The definitive study on the Jefferson-Hemings issue was made on behalf of the Thomas Jefferson Foundation.  You can read all about it at the link that I posted earlier:

http://www.monticello.org/plantation/hemings_resource.html

The Thomas Jefferson Foundation is as conservative and pro-Jefferson as any organization can be, yet they have concluded that Jefferson most-likely fathered two sets of offspring.  Jefferson's white successors have apparently accepted this conclusion as well.  Just last month they held their annual family reunion, which included their black counterparts for the very first time.

I'm sorry that you don't like the facts, but the reality is what it is.  I also find it somewhat ironic that you, of all people, are defending the honor of the founder of the Democratic Party!

Stan