Bill, if i understand your question, and you are simply talking about withdrawal
design values for lag screws, those are tabulated in Table 9.2A of the NDS. The
equation used to develop the table is in NDS section 9.2.1:
where G=specific gravity and D=unthreaded shank diameter
hope this is what you were looking for.
Buddy Showalter, P.E.
From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, <aec-residential(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
Subject: WOOD CONNECTOR: Prying Force
I'm calculating the allowable force for pull out of a lag screw holding a
bracket. Is there a prescribed way to calculate "prying force" if any?
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org