New OSHA rules for steel erection

Eric,

I would suggest that he ask OSHA.  I would not want to tell any contractor
what OSHA wants, will want, expects, or when it will change its mind.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Eric Ober wrote:

. > As far as I know, the new OSHA rules for steel erection haven't been
. > made into law yet.  I've gotten a question from the fabricator on one of
. > my projects who is asking if the new rules need to be adhered to.  The
. > contract was awarded before the rules were released to the public. shop
. > drawings are in production, but no physical construction has taken
. > place.  If these rules are made into law tomorrow, does a project like
. > the one I'm describing fall under the new law?  Thanks in advance.