Re: Cutoff Wall In Concrete Transition

Thank you Roger, its quite helpful to me.
SYED FAIZ AHMAD
P.S: what does HTH  at the foot of your letter really mean, by the way?

From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Cutoff Wall In Concrete Transition
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:51:16 -0400

Syed,

Looking at some old (1983) standard plans for box culverts from the Arizona
Department of Transportation, they call for a cutoff wall of 4-feet (1.300 m)
measured from the invert elevation.  They do not differentiate between the
cut-off wall depth at the inlet end and the depth at the outlet end, both
being 4-feet.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona