From: "valentin shustov" <shustov(--nospam--at)ecs.csun.edu>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Seismology Committee
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:39:29 -0700

The obsolete term "Seismology Committee" is misleading and irrelevant to
the nature and mission of structural engineering profession.  According
to the American Heritage Dictionary, the word "SEISMOLOGY" means "the
geophysical science of earthquakes and ot the mechanical properties of
earth". I believe the term should be substituted. A much better term is
the "Earthquake Engineering Committee". What is your opinion?
<< valentin.shustov.vcf >>