Absolutely correct & i tend to agree with you.
SYED FAIZ AHMAD
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
From: "valentin shustov" <shustov(--nospam--at)ecs.csun.edu>
Subject: Seismology Committee
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:39:29 -0700
The obsolete term "Seismology Committee" is misleading and irrelevant to
the nature and mission of structural engineering profession. According
to the American Heritage Dictionary, the word "SEISMOLOGY" means "the
geophysical science of earthquakes and ot the mechanical properties of
earth". I believe the term should be substituted. A much better term is
the "Earthquake Engineering Committee". What is your opinion?
<< valentin.shustov.vcf >>
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org