Re: wood truss diaphragm

I am not so sure how you want the ceiling to transfer loads or give you
stability for you. The way I do is to disregard the ceiling. I require
the prefab. truss designer to design the top chord of my truss to
include both axial and gravity loads should it be
placed over a shear wall line. Whether the truss is over or beyond the
shear wall
length, I call for pairs of diagonal bracing at six feet on center. In
most cases, I do
not have any problem to see it work.
Chris Tse
Sunnyvale, CA