TEXAS Legislature Passes SB365 Adopting International Residential Code

I have just found out that in the legislative session just completed, a bill
to adopt the Internation Residential Code such as it existed on May 1, 2001
was passed and sent to Gov. Perry for his signature.

I do not know if it has or will be signed, but I see no reason why it
wouldn't (of course, the vagaries of Texas politics are beyond my scope of
understanding).

Interestingly, there is still no statewide commercial building code, don't
know if that was even considered.

Also of interest: The Texas Department of Insurance which oversees its own
Building Code for Wind Resistant Design will likely now go ahead and
incorporate by reference, ASCE 7-98, since that is also incorporated by
reference in the IRC.

Just FYI, ya'll.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company