Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Knock out panel

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I am designing a warehouse/office type tilt-up structure. In which, I am
required to
provide knock out panels through sets of interior cross panels for
future expansion. The panel through which a 12' x 12' knock out panel is
required, is a 30' x 23' x 9- 1/4" panel and the knock out portion will
be about center of the big panel. This panel will serve as a load
bearing and a shear wall. Building is to be in seismic zone 4.
I like to seek expert opinion as to 1. what kind of ap and Rp should I
use to design anchorage between the knock out and the overall panel, 2.
any particular detailing
should I watch for.
Appreciate very much in advance.
Chris Tse
Sunnyvale, CA

*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: