To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Knock out panel
From: Chris TSE <cyltse(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 21:23:44 -0700
I am designing a warehouse/office type tilt-up structure. In which, I am
provide knock out panels through sets of interior cross panels for
future expansion. The panel through which a 12' x 12' knock out panel is
required, is a 30' x 23' x 9- 1/4" panel and the knock out portion will
be about center of the big panel. This panel will serve as a load
bearing and a shear wall. Building is to be in seismic zone 4.
I like to seek expert opinion as to 1. what kind of ap and Rp should I
use to design anchorage between the knock out and the overall panel, 2.
any particular detailing
should I watch for.
Appreciate very much in advance.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org