> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mark D. Anderson PE [mailto:mark(--nospam--at)alaskaengineer.com]
> Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 12:30 PM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Re: What Is The Material Spec For "Lag Screw"?
> Bill, perhaps it's no wonder you can't find it. NDS points to ANSI/ASME
> B18.2.1. The excerpt of same produced in the IFI "Fastener Standards 6th
> Ed.says "11. Material. Chemical and mechanical requirements shall be as
> agreed upon by the manufacturer and purchaser."
> I don't know where else to look either.
Yeah, the ANSI/ASME specs are typically dimensional only, detailing threads,
Now, I do see where they give a strength for "bending yield" in Footnote 2
of Table 9.3A, but that seems to be for computing shear connections and I
don't know how that would apply to "pull out strength" as I'm trying to
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org