> -----Original Message-----
> From: CDaniels [mailto:ced(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com]
> Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 12:38 PM
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
> Subject: RE: What Is The Material Spec For "Lag Screw"?
> Check out footnote 2 at the bottom of the tables in chapter 9 of the 1997
> NDS, Fyb=45 ksi for bolts 3/8" in diameter and larger. Typically I spec.
> A307 and everything I seen has been A307. The NDS refers to ANSI/ASME
> Standard B18.2.1-1981. I don't have a copy of this.
Oh, and the A307 spec, is that for LAG SCREWS in particular? Or for bolts? I
don't have a copy of A307, so don't remember if that was specifically just
for fasteners for metal, or it could include lag screws for wood connection
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org