> -----Original Message-----
> From: CDaniels [mailto:ced(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com]
> Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2001 12:38 PM
> To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
> Subject: RE: What Is The Material Spec For "Lag Screw"?
> Check out footnote 2 at the bottom of the tables in chapter 9 of the 1997
> NDS, Fyb=45 ksi for bolts 3/8" in diameter and larger. Typically I spec.
> A307 and everything I seen has been A307. The NDS refers to ANSI/ASME
> Standard B18.2.1-1981. I don't have a copy of this.
But what about simple tensile force resistance?
This is an area I have no experience in, so I'm trying to learn. I
appreciate the input.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org