RE: What Is The Material Spec For "Lag S

Bill,

The withdrawal value of the lag screw is going to control over steel
strength.  In other words, the wood will fail long before the steel fails.

(Calculate the steel stress for the allowable withdrawal load.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Polhemus wrote:

. > Yeah, the ANSI/ASME specs are typically dimensional only, detailing
. > threads, etc.

. > Now, I do see where they give a strength for "bending yield" in Footnote 2
. > of Table 9.3A, but that seems to be for computing shear connections and I
. > don't know how that would apply to "pull out strength" as I'm trying to
. > compute.