Re: What Is The Material Spec For "Lag Screw"?

I had a interesting conversation with Dan Dolan of VPI a while back on this very
topic. It seems that many lag bolts are fabricated from misc. scraps and the
manufacturers a loathe to abandon the practice. Consequently they have resisted
the imposition of min. allowables for lags.  I believe there is a voluntary
manufacturers organization whose members maintain higher standards, but I don't
recall the name.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.