Re: What Is The Material Spec For "Lag Screw"?

Bruce,

I hope you are on the trail of suppliers and specifications for lag screws.
I have not been able to find a way of being sure that the lag screws on a
project conform with my specifications nor to tell a contractor where to
purchase the screws I have specified.  I generally specify the yield
strengths in the footnotes of NDS Table 9.3A, but have never been able to
find out what was delivered to the job.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA