Bill, and DR Knapp,
After finding the appropriate specifications for the lag screws you will be
able to make your calculations and also include those specifications on your
drawing. Now what?
How do you confirm that the contractor has supplied what you have specified?
If you insist on certification, be prepared to tell the contractor where to
buy what you have specified. I have not been able to find a source for lag
screws that can provide specifications for the lag screws that they supply.
Specifications for wood screws are similarly illusive.
Has anyone been able to crack this nut?
South San Gabriel, CA
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org