What Is The Material Spec For "Lag Screw"?

Dennis,

This is my point also, are the yield stresses noted in the NDS associated with bolts or lag screw commonly specified, and if so how do you know.

Also I think that fasteners, whatever their application is a real last source of voodoo and we need to get a handle on it.

Williston "Bill" L. Warren, IV - S.E.
Structural Engineering SOLutions
Newport Beach, California

Bill, and DR Knapp,

After finding  the appropriate specifications for the lag screws you will be
able to make your calculations and also include those specifications on your
drawing.  Now what?

How do you confirm that the contractor has supplied what you have specified?
If you insist on certification, be prepared to tell the contractor where to
buy what you have specified.   I have not been able to find a source for lag
screws that can provide specifications for the lag screws that they supply.

Specifications for wood screws are similarly illusive.

Has anyone been able to crack this nut?

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, ******* ******* ***