RE: Styrofoam Panel

	Dennis,

	I checked out the R-Control's website and they have paid for
testing.  Through their website I accessed NER report 551 which goes through
the testing that R-control panels have been subject to, included ASTM E72
which tests for axial load, tranverse load, racking shear, combined axial
and tranverse as well as creep.  It doesn't sound like they have caught on
in seismic territory but we have successfully designed buildings using SIPs
for the roof diaphragm subject to wind loading.  Is there a seperate test
performed by ICBO that is required for seismic?  Lateral load is lateral
load, right?
	Anyway, it does not sound like this is the panel that Roger is
encountering.  In his post he clearly states that there is no plywood or
other finish on the surface of the panel.  SIPs have to have a skin to work,
it is not structural insulation.

	Just to clarify,
	Roland Bokma E.I.T.
	ProgressiveAE