RE: What Is The Material Spec For "Lag Screw"?

"Wood Engineering and Construction handbook", Second edition by Keith
Faherty and Thomas Williamson on page 5.45 says "Lag screws in withdrawal
can, if long enough, develop loads in excess of the yield strength of the
steel.  Therefore, the length allowed in calculating the withdrawal load is
assumed to be approximately 8 times the shank diameter."

That is a guide at least if not an answer.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.