From: Hyndman, Keith
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org' ; Rick Fiedler (E-mail)
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 5:23 AM
Subject: Proprietary Catwalk System?

Greetings all.

I'm looking for a proprietary catwalk system to specify for our
Pharmaceutical clients, who continually need maintenance access to their
"ever expanding" mechanical systems.  For the most part these mech. systems
are in the space above the ceilings of one story, flat roof, flex space
style office building.  The primary roof construction is open web joists
spaced at 5 to 6 feet. The catwalk would have to hang from the joists.

I could easily put something together with angles and threaded rods, but I
was hoping that there may be something out there that is sort of "erector
set" like.  Something modular, expandable and light weight.  Maybe something
that's made with cold-formed steel or alluminum.

Any thoughts or Ideas?

Thank you

Keith Hyndman, P.E.
khyndman(--nospam--at)engineeringsi.com