> -----Original Message-----
> From: Conrad Guymon, P.E. [mailto:conrad(--nospam--at)karren.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 7:23 AM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Re: Link in Columns
> If the links are in the
> columns, then
> the columns will intentionally deform, thus compromising the integrity of
> the gravity load resisting system. In my mind, this in an open invitation
> for the building (or portions of it) to collapse.
Our esteemed friend "P. Delta" would concur with you.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org