Re: Balcony Floor Vibration

>My experience of vibration design is that increasing the moment of
>inertia is not very effective.
I've found it's damn near impossible without increasing the mass. If you
increase mass and stiffness the period doesn't change much. If it works
out that different elements provide stiffness and mass (like a steel
deck, stiffened with welded stringers), you may be able to add more
stiffness than mass, but just increasing member sizes typically ends up
chasing its tail.