From: mkrakower(--nospam--at)earthlink.net [mailto:mkrakower(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 10:27 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Fire Damaged Brick Chimneys

An engineering friend of mine is evaluating several surviving brick
chimneys for an insurance company after the surrounding wood frame
residences have been gutted by fire. Is there a written methodology by
Factory Mutual or other similar sources that he might use for the
evaluation? Topics of interest include structural integrity, cleaning of
soot, field testing etc.

Thanks in advance

Michael Krakower SE
Arcadia, CA