Re: Use of Collar Ties in Light Frame Wo

I have witnessed perfectly good trusses pulled apart by inadequate
ventilation.  In this neck of the woods, owners can become over zealous
about blowing in insulation, blocking off ventilation . . . happens all the
time.  When things break, it looks like someone tried to pull an engine . .
. .

Just a thought.
John P. Riley, PE, SE
Riley Engineering
20 Oakwood Drive, Blue Grass, Iowa 52726
Tel & Fax:  319-381-3949
jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com