Re: Fire Damaged Brick Chimneys

Mr. Feb of Thousand Oaks would be most knowledgeable on this topic. I
believe his firm name is D-Way, Inc.
Aside from structural concerns, I would suggest that most evaluation methods
focus on fire-life-safety aspects as well as functionality.
Quite often chimneys and fireplaces are inspected with specialized equipment
principally to insure the integrity of the flue to control heat and hot
gases.

Out of curiosity, is the City of Arcadia still allowing the construction of
masonry chimneys pursuant to the pre-Northridge
UBC standard (without engineering)?

Respectfully,
Steven A.