RE: Use of Collar Ties in Light Frame Wood Construction

No Chris, the Parallam is parallel to the header running over and
perpendicular to the rafter ties (ceiling joists). The ridge is parallel to
the header and the end is gabled.
I'm preparing another post for Nels that I think draw this to a reasonable
conclusion and it would be nice to get those of you involved in this thread
to critique it.

Thanks,
Dennis