Subject: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal
From: Keith Fix <kefix(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 07:42:45 -0700 (PDT)
I give up! I can't find it!
My boss remebers a code requirement for ties around anchor bolts for steel
columns and/or at the tops of concrete pedestals for steel columns. We have
only been able to find the requirement in the earthquake section of UBC 97, but
not for general loading or in any other code.
If anyone knows where this code requirement can be found, PLEASE REPLY!
Also, your usual practice and engineering judgement is also appreciated.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org