ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal

I give up! I can't find it!

My boss remebers a code requirement for ties around anchor bolts for steel
columns and/or at the tops of concrete pedestals for steel columns.  We have
only been able to find the requirement in the earthquake section of UBC 97, but
not for general loading or in any other code.

If anyone knows where this code requirement can be found, PLEASE REPLY!

Also, your usual practice and engineering judgement is also appreciated.

-Keith Fix
 Little Rock