ACI Code requirement: ties at steel colu

Keith,

Good practice is not always codified.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Keith Fix wrote:

. > I give up! I can't find it!

. > My boss remebers a code requirement for ties around anchor bolts for steel
. > columns and/or at the tops of concrete pedestals for steel columns.  We
. > have only been able to find the requirement in the earthquake section of
. > UBC 97, but not for general loading or in any other code.

. > If anyone knows where this code requirement can be found, PLEASE REPLY!

. > Also, your usual practice and engineering judgement is also appreciated.