From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:58:10 -0400
Good practice is not always codified.
A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Keith Fix wrote:
. > I give up! I can't find it!
. > My boss remebers a code requirement for ties around anchor bolts for steel
. > columns and/or at the tops of concrete pedestals for steel columns. We
. > have only been able to find the requirement in the earthquake section of
. > UBC 97, but not for general loading or in any other code.
. > If anyone knows where this code requirement can be found, PLEASE REPLY!
. > Also, your usual practice and engineering judgement is also appreciated.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org