Subject: Re: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel colu
From: Keith Fix <kefix(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:44:08 -0700 (PDT)
But do you detail this way, and why?
--- Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com> wrote:
> Good practice is not always codified.
> A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
> Tucson, Arizona
> Keith Fix wrote:
> . > I give up! I can't find it!
> . > My boss remebers a code requirement for ties around anchor bolts for
> . > columns and/or at the tops of concrete pedestals for steel columns. We
> . > have only been able to find the requirement in the earthquake section of
> . > UBC 97, but not for general loading or in any other code.
> . > If anyone knows where this code requirement can be found, PLEASE REPLY!
> . > Also, your usual practice and engineering judgement is also appreciated.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org